Saturday, January 4, 2014

Meal Planning Part One

My steps to create a budget friendly meal plan.

  1. Pick up your local Supermarket sale ad. 
  2. Look  for recipes that coincide with the sale items. 
  3. Write out your meal plan.
  4. Print or save  your recipes that you will be using for the week.
  5. Write out your shopping list.
  6. Shop!
I normally find my ideas for recipes on Pinterest. If you don't have pinterest I highly recommend it. I am on there constantly for diy project, recipes and just in general. It can be very addicting, you have been warned :-) 
When I am planning my meals for the week, I plan th
em around the sale in my local supermarket for me its Shoprite because they double my coupons so it is a win for me. My normal strategy for meal planning is 4 meat proteins and 2 vegetarian proteins, this doesn't always happen but I try. And in the Fall - Early Spring I make a soup per week and freeze the rest for my husband's lunches during the week. Here is my meal plan for this week.

~Monday~  
Pollock Fish with Wild Rice and Salad

~Tuesday~
Tom Ka Soup
I added tofu to the soup to add some protein.

~Wednesday~
Stuffed Pepper with Ground Beef and a Side Side of Pasta in a Garlic Butter Sauce.

~Thursday~
One Skillet White Bean and Keilbasa Stew.

~Friday~
Beef Pot Roast with Carrots, Onions and Potatoes.

~Saturday~
One Pan Pasta

~Sunday~
Leftovers!!!

I normally make dessert during the week but I don't plan them unless I want to make something really special that calls for something that I don't normally have in my kitchen.

Links to recipes

Hope you enjoyed this post and that you find it helpful. 
Please feel free to leave a comment.
Have a Good night
Katie

1 comment: